What Are Managed Accounts?
In a relatively short period of time, Managed Accounts have increased in popularity. This can be largely attributed to investors demanding the ability to hold more direct shares and other assets, but with a hassle-free approach.
A Managed Account is an investment with a number of specific features which can benefit you and your client.
- Your clients beneficially own the investments in their Managed Account allowing for full flowthrough of all dividends and franking credits
- The Investment Manager develops a Portfolio which reflects the investment objectives and approach of the selected Investment Option. Your clients Portfolio applies these same rules.
- You can select a tax methodology that suits your clients best. Select from six different tax methodologies. Investing in an equity SMA allows for a new cost base for the investor.
- The day to day administration of running direct portfolios is managed by professionals: Investment Managers manage your clients portfolio, a Custodian holds the investments and cash on your behalf, and managedaccounts.com.au as administrator operates your Managed Account, and
- undertakes transactions on your behalf,
- handles all reporting and record keeping, and
- provides online resources to help you administer and track your investments.